Friday, May 18, 2012

Favorite Finds Friday {6}

Happy Friday everyone! I hope everyone's week and Mother's Day was wonderful. I want to take a minute to share with you the present I made for Emily and a mutual friend of ours for Mother's Day. Being a mother is a hard job. Even though I don't have kids myself, I know this. Emily works hard to make sure that Scarlett gets what she needs. And I know there are some days where she is dead tired but still manages to make dinner, get  Scarlett' her bath, and get her little one to bed all after a hard day's work. I just wanted to make a little something to remind her that all her hard work as a Mom is noticed.




I came across this too cute can of goodies at Our Best Bites. You can find the tutorial for it here.











I decided to try my own. I used the PDF that was supplied on the tutorial on  Our Best Bites. I just used some extra ribbon I had left over from a previous Mother's Day project and some scrapbook paper that I had laying around. The cans I used were bigger than the ones in the tutorial, but they worked just as well.





I think they turned out pretty great if I don't say so myself. Emily liked hers pretty well. So, I'm glad. Anyway, I hope guys enjoy this week's favorite finds.



Whimsically Homemade


Whimsically Homemade





If you were featured we ask you pretty please to grab a button. It's not mandatory, but it would be nice.




Megan's Finds




1. Ruler Spice Rack at Old Sweet Song. This is just absolutely genius. And great for someone who doesn't have a lot of space in their kitchen like me. 









2. Doily Covered Lamp Shade at A Beautiful Mess. This is simply too cute. And would look fabulous on my end table in my living room that I want to redo. Also this looks like a pretty easy project to tackle. And I like easy!






3. Cassette Tape Wallet at Chezlin. I WANT ONE!!! I fell absolutely in love with this little wallet when I saw it. And it seems like it would hold up over time too.







4. Decorative Lanterns at IKEA Hackers . I love these. They would be great decor for a wedding or for just a spruce up in a room. And they are SO simple. I can't wait to try this one out.







5. Acid Mirror at The Idea Room. This mirror is gorgeous. Amy did a fantastic job on this mirror. And I love the little quote she added to it. I've definitely put this on my to do list.






Emily's Picks


1. Cranberry Chocolate Chip Scones at M Double MScones! Yummy scones. I am definitely making these this week/weekend. Only I am going to switch out regular chocolate chips for white chocolate chips. There is something to me about white chocolate and cranberries that just makes me drool. 









2. Smokin' Red Roasted Potatoes at Noble PigI have tried something similar to this before, and I didn't have enough time to cook them. I think  what I tried was hassleback potatoes, but I can't remember. But this recipe is going to make me try it again. For one these don't have the cheese and butter shoved down in them so I think they will be easier, and two my family likes red potatoes better. Yum!







3. DIY Trumeau at by Susie Harris I love the style of this mirror. I love the antique feel, without the antique price, and it's something Leroy and I could do together. Since we're in the process (the looong process) of renovating a bathroom, I might convince him to make one to put in there. 









4. Penny Countertop at Domestic Imperfection I really like the penny counter top and I think Ashley did a wonderful job, I love the fact that she showed us all her mistakes. This counter top looks wonderful and isn't something you see everyday. 







5. Guacamole Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich at The Farm Girl MMMM... guacamole. Megan hates avocados but I love them. Never thought about making a grilled cheese with it though, looks and sounds delicious!  






Alright everyone, be sure to leave some love for all these wonderful ladies. See you guys next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Crafting!

Megan@ Whimsically Homemade