Friday, June 15, 2012

Favorite Finds Friday {9}

TGIF everyone! Sorry we missed you last week. I was out of town in Orlando. It rained the entire time that we were there, but we still managed to have a good time. We've got some great picks this week so I hope you guys are ready!


Whimsically Homemade

Whimsically Homemade





If you were featured we ask you pretty please to grab a button. It's not mandatory, but it would be nice.









Megan's Picks


1. Easy Cannoli Cups at Gimme Some Oven. I make a mean cannoli however, making the shells for the cannoli are the hardest part. And it's really hard to find pre-made cannoli shells. Sometimes I can get them at the bakery at Fresh Market. It really depends on who's working. But using wonton wrappers for the cannoli cups in this recipe is genius! I can wait to try these guys!





2. Copy Cat Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs at Chocolate-Covered Katie. I love the Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs and for some reason they just taste different from the regular Reese's Cups. It always frustrates me that they don't sell these little suckers all year round. But Katie came up with a solution to my problem. Make them yourself!



3. Rubber band Candle holders at The Hyper House. These little guys are too cute and super simple. Also, they are elegant enough for a table centerpiece for a wedding or dinner party.



4. Shrinky Dink Bracelet at Rust & Shine. I love love love this. And it's cheap cheap cheap! And easy to make for a last minute gift for someone. Plus, you can make your own designs.



5. Garlic Pesto Chicken at Southern Girl Cooking. Yummy! This looks so good and I'm ready to try it right now! I might tweak it a little, but I'm sure it will still taste great!



Emily's Picks

1. Glass Jar Moroccan Lanterns from Design SpongeI absolutely love these. I always wanted a moroccan themed bedroom growing up, who knew it'd be so easy to make the stuff yourself?



2. 15 Cool Crafts Made From Altoid Tins at Craft IdeasShowing us what we can do with altoid tins. I really like the business card holder, and first aid kit. My husband was just complaining the other day that they are out of bandaids at work so I think I might make him his own first aid kit to keep in his tool box. 



3. Homemade Dulce de Leche Cups at Oh NutsI might be behind the times, but for one this taught me how to make dulce de leche super easy, and for two these look wicked yummy. Definitely making them sometime soon. 



4. Baked Rigatoni Cake at Culinary in the Desert.Okay so if you've checked out our other post you've seen that I can make a mean baked Ziti. However I love the look of this so much better. I would need to buy a spring form pan to present it so pretty but I think I might have to!



5.Chrysanthemums Mirror at Addicted 2 DecoratingHow awesome does this look? From plastic spoons too!Is anyone else loving this? I mean to me this looks like something you'd go to pier 1 and pay waaayyy too much money for. Ridiculously cute. 



Okay everybody there you go! Please don't forget to visit and leave some comment love! Enjoy your weekend. See you next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Crafting!

Megan@ Whimsically Homemade