Friday, July 20, 2012

Favorite Finds Friday {13}

We made it! Friday! And it has been pretty busy for me around here. Somehow this week I was Miss Popular. I guess everyone is finally realizing how super awesome I am. Anyway, I got two birthday cakes and a super secret birthday present to finish up this coming week so I'm gonna be UBER busy. (Uber? Does anyone actually use that word anymore?) I can't be more excited about it either. On another note, here's something I found on Pinterest this week that I thought was pretty cute and I would share. Enjoy this week's Favorite Finds!

* UPDATE: I completely and totally forgot to add the websites for Emily's picks! EEK! But I fixed that little mess up. Sorry guys!


WORD. (I'm totally bringing that back.)




Whimsically Homemade

Whimsically Homemade





If you were featured we ask you pretty please to grab a button. It's not mandatory, but it would be nice.







Megan's Picks


1. Teacup lighting at T2. I love this idea. Not really sure how I would execute this, but I do love it. It's really elegant and simple and to me that is beautiful.





2. Homemade Nutella at Chocolate -Covered Katie. My name is Megan and I'm a Nutellaolic. But I am okay with this. I'm also okay with this recipe for Homemade Nutella that's even friendly for vegans. Yum!





3. Comic Book Chair from Just a Little Creativity. This chair is UBER (there's that word again) AWESOME!! I have this planned for a couple of chairs that I'll probably buy from Goodwill. Now, if I can only convince Alex that the chairs won't be sticky after I'm done with them we'll, be good to go. ( Alex hates Mod Podge because he thinks it makes everything sticky. This is coming from a guy that thinks everything is sticky. OCD much?)





4. Comic Book Shoes from Sew, Cook, Laugh & Live. What? Two comic book projects in one post? Unheard of right? Absolutely not! These things are just too darn cute not to love or want a pair for yourself! 





5. Candy Wrapper Button Earrings from Creative Itch. I can see them now...my very own tootsie roll earrings.This is definitely creative! 




Emily's Picks

1.Beaded Tutu Beadskirt at Free Stylin'This is completely adorable. When Scarlett switches to a normal bed from her toddler bed I will be making one of these for it, no doubt. What little girl wouldn't love a tutu bed skirt? 



2.  DIY Serving Tray at Tutto BellaMark this as one thing I had never thought about. I would imagine they might get a little sticky but serving trays made out of candy would be completely worth the extra clean up. Guess what Santa's cookies are going to be left on this year?



3. Sidewalk Chalk at Domestic CharmScarlett has been super into painting this week, or more like two weeks now. So taking the mess from my dining room table to the sidewalk sound like a pretty good idea to me, I think she will really enjoy this project.



4. Beaded Wine Bottles at Cleverly InspiredSo my mind is already on Christmas, because I already started shopping for it, and come time when is reasonably sane to start decorating too, I will be making these, I love how she paired them with the silver and candles. 



5. Salted Caramel Bark at Mama Say What.Um yes I do believe I will be trying this maybe even tonight. Except of course, you know me I go quick and easy so I would probably use premade caramel, but this looks too amazing not to try... right now. 


Please please please go and comment on all of our picks this week. Everyone loves a little comment love every now and then. Have a good weekend!





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring my candy wrapper button earrings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha LOVE that ecard!! I'm stopping by from the GFC Blog Hop and am now a new follower:) Would love for you to stop by Crazy Mama Drama!
    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846

    ReplyDelete

Happy Crafting!

Megan@ Whimsically Homemade